Sunday, January 30, 2011

It's been a long time but unfortunately..............

Hey everyone,
I know its' been a long time since updating and  there is so much I could tell you about how wonderful Reagan has been doing but last night we were actually admitted to the hospital in Austin.  Reagan is getting iv. fluids and i.v. antibiotic for pneumonia.  She spike a fever of 104 last night and started having labored breathing and requiring oxygen as well as vomiting.  She also doesn't have an appetite.  With her blood clot that the doctors have kept very close tabs on the past few months, it is important that she not get dehydrated and therefore had a very low threashold for being admitted to the hospital.  She is in the IMC (Intermediate Care Unit) at Dell Children's.  My mom Joan is here with me helping and I am actually over at Ronald McDonald House.  We just got a room and am checking in.  Thank God there was a room where we can take turns retreating to for some much needed rest and food.  We spent most of last night in the ER and finally got to a room and settled in about 3:30am.  Not sure what the plan of care as far as how long she'll be in the hospital or how long of an antibiotic course they will treat her for.  Still in early stages of figuring out if it's a viral or bacterial pneumonia but with her history they are treating with antibiotic to be on the safe side.  Also, the hospital in swamped with kids with the flu.  Please pray Reagan doesn't get the flu while we're here.
 Thank you to Marisa Conley for having Nolan over today to play and for PawPaw and Aunt Kay helping out as well manning Nolan.
I will try to keep you all updated when I can.  Thank you for all your prayers and continued support.
P.S. Please pray for Rod, as he is miles away worried about his baby girl!

3 comments:

  1. I hope Reagan rebounds quickly and that you all avoid picking up any flu bugs while you're there. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers!

    Marcia Larson (mom to Anna Hope)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I was going to write to you today and let you know that I was up at 4 am with Moriah (she was having one of her night parties), and all of a sudden God put you guys very much on my heart, leading me to pray for the family, but specifically for Reagan and Rod.
    Then I just read this.
    It is such a powerful testimony to how God is surrounding you with prayer warriors - I, myself, am blown away!
    We will for sure continue to lift you guys up, and pray for healing, strength, and comforted hearts.
    Much love,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thinking of all of you and praying for Reagan's prompt recovery. I'm grateful she is being monitored so closely and that your mom is there to help out, so incredibly stressful. May Rod be comforted in the strength of his babies' mommy and may all of you be lifted by the many thoughts and prayers. So so thinking of you.

    Much love,
    The Shirley Family

    ReplyDelete