Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Waiting Game

Well, it's Wednesday evening and I am actually typing this post from home.  No, Reagan is not here with me.  She is still in the hospital but doing well enough for me to come home for the evening and hang out with Nolan.  MiMi & PawPaw are on hospital duty tonight in Austin.  Reagan's lungs are starting to sound better and she is now down to 1L of oxygen.  Although we do have home oxygen setup the doctor would like for Reagan to be off of the oxygen this time before leaving the hospital.. just more as a sign that hopefully she has conquered this bug this time.  Today they switched her i.v. antibiotic to oral to be able to watch her the next few days on an oral dose to ensure she does ok. No one has officially said, but I am thinking we may be able to go home Friday or Saturday.  Today I brought her shoes to the hospital and let her get out of bed a little and walk around the room.  She mainly wanted to climb on the pull-out sofa in the room to look out the window and her and MiMi made up a fun game of swinging the oxygen tubing around like a jumprope.  Reagan thought it was the funniest thing!  Oh the things you do to entertain when stuck in a hospital room.
**Not the best pic but gives you an idea

Well, I better get some rest in my own bed while I can...it's back to RMH tomorrow night.

5 comments:

  1. Jennifer, we are praying with y'all! Love and hugs to you.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke asked about you guys early today... good to know things are looking up... we will keep praying... love you guys and keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing Reagan at school! Hope she is able to come home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that!!
    I miss Rea so much and I hope she comes home soon!
    I have enjoyed hanging out with Nolan, he's really been opening up and talking to me a lot more=]
    Give Rea big hugs for me!
    Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that little girl really going to be 4 years old??? I can hardly believe it! Looks like from your facebook update that you will be home very soon - I am so very happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete