Sunday, August 8, 2010

Going Home....

Well, today is supposed to be our last day here at Dell Children's.  Reagan will receive her last dose of i.v. antibiotics at 5pm today and then we will be discharged.  She will unfortunatley have to have oral antibiotics at home for another 2 weeks but at least it will be at home.  Other than starting the i.v. the first night, I think Reagan has enjoyed her time here.  Seeing that she feels fine and all, we have gotten out of the room many times to go on wagon rides (her i.v. is in her foot so she hasn't been able to walk since Thur. night). 
getting all settled in Thurs. night before getting her i.v.

hanging out by the waterfall with my new crown
checking out all the water features here at Dell

enjoying her food trays

Yummy Cream Cheese & bagels

giving herself a breathing treatment

having a sucker party

finally, relaxing & watching her favorite movie, Toy Story

I'm not even sure if her blood culture that grew salmonella was real or not but the infectious disease dr. did say she had one other child that this happened too and they treated her the same way as Reagan and she was fine.  I'm thankful Reagan's team of caretakers heir on the side of safety for her because we would not have wanted the salmonella to spread and make her really sick.  I was able to retreat home Friday to go to a doctors appt. myself and spend some one on one time with Nolan.  I tried to get him to go to a movie with me and out to eat but he preferred Chuck E. Cheese instead so that's where we spent our date night. 

Mimi & PawPaw stayed with Reagan Friday night and then I relieved them on Saturday.  Thank you so much for helping out.  Also, thanks to Warren & Lori Kostencski for having Nolan spend the weekend with them so I could come back to the hospital on Sat.  I'm sure Nolan had much more fun with your boys than he would have in the hospital.  Thank you so much!!! 
Well, Reagan has her follow-up appts with cardiology and hematology on Tues.  The cardiologist will probably do an echo and check on the blood clot and then the hematologist will do a lab draw to check Reagan's lovenox levels and discuss how long of a course of these shots she will have to do.  Hopefully, a shorter than longer course as she is bruised all over from the shots and has only been on them a week now. 
Lastly, when we were in the hospital in California, we met the LaPointe family- baby Arden's parents.  Reagan fell in love with Arden and played with her big brother Elliot at Ronald McDonald House. 
Arden LaPointe

Arden has spent the majority of the time in the hospital since her birth with only a short period of time at home.  Please pray that the doctors can decide the best treatment for her heart so that she can be able to go home with her family. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all is going well and Reagan is heading home. We think of you guys often, only wish we lived closer so Reagan and Callie could play together:) Callie sends BIG hugs to Reagan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled to know that you and Reagan are going home. So wonderful to know that your family, friends and neighbors are providing such wonderful support. As for Arden and her family, they, like you all, remain in our thoughts and prayers.

    Thinking of you!
    The Shirley's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came to your blog and have started reading all the trials you have been through. My husband is with yours and they have flown together. (He told me about you. I am so thankful because I have been praying for another brother in Christ for Jason. Our family went through a hard time 2 years ago when I became very sick. I know you have been battling illness with your daughter much longer and are continuing to. I wanted to encourage you and tell you our Lord answers prayers and always be confident in that! I have a blog too and have written a book about my trial and the Lord's healing...Please e-mail me and I would love to help you out in anyway. We are not on post and just moved to TX (though I went to college at UMHB) and I know no other military wives, especially in his unit. My e-mail address is jason_lanessa@hotmail.com and blog is http://thearmyofallmans.blogspot.com/.

    Have a blessed day! Lanessa

    ReplyDelete