Tuesday, January 17, 2012

California...here we come again!

Can't believe it's been since Thanksgiving since I updated the blog. We had a great Christmas. Reagan did run into some problems between Christmas and New Year's with nosebleeds. This time of year seems to be hard on her nose with the dry winter weather. We were referred to an ENT but he did not want to cauterize her nose vessel because it would mean sending her to the OR under anesthesia. We are now treating her nose daily with saline and bacitracin and so far have been doing good with no nosebleeds! The first week of January was a hard one for us. Rod left to go to his next duty station- Ft. Belvoir, Virginia. The kids & I miss him dearly but it is great to be able to call him everyday & talk- quite unlike Afghanistan :-) I am writing to let you all know that in the morning Reagan, my mom and I fly out to California. Reagan has her next heart cath on Friday. Because of the arteries they had to balloon back in the summer during her last cath we had to follow up in six months and it is now that time. She has a pre-cath appt in the clinic Th & then her heart cath is scheduled for 8am Friday. We are praying her arteries have grown and not narrowed and this will be an uneventful trip. If all goes as planned, she will spend Friday night in the hospital, discharge Saturday and fly back Sunday. Thank you so much to Aunt Kay who'll be manning Nolan while we're gone and for my mom going with me to help out since Rod cannot make it. Also, thanks to my friend Lori for taking Nolan part of the time as well. I am currently not feeling well so about to hit the bed & pray for a good nights sleep & better health tomorrow. Thanks to all of you for your support during this time & always!

No comments:

Post a Comment