Friday, January 20, 2012

Best Cath Ever!!!

Reagan went back to the cath lab a little after 8 this morning.  By about 10:40 I was getting word that Reagan was done and headed to recovery.  I questioned them whether she truly was done or someone was just coming out to update us as they had blocked off 4 hrs. for Reagan's cath.  Shortly after, Dr. Perry, the cardiologist who did her cath, came walking in and gave us great news!!  She truly was done and did great.  Back in July, Dr. Perry had to balloon 4 of Reagan's pulmonary arteries to her right lung.  Today 3 of the 4 looked good but one of them to her right upper lobe had re-narrowed & they had to balloon it again.  There also was an artery to her right middle lobe that they had to balloon as well.  And, the best news of all was that her coronary artery that they had to balloon last time, due to it only measuring .3mm , has stayed open and nothing further had to be done!  Praise God!!  Oh, and a double bonus is we don't have to come back for her next cath for 1 YEAR.  Overall, I am told she surprised Dr. Perry by how good she looked, which is a feat to do. 
Afterward in the recovery room, however, she was quite the handful for her mama.  She has to lay flat for 4 hrs. after a cath without bending her legs.  She was in no mood to follow those rules today and I literally felt like I was in a wrestling match with her trying to get her to stay down.  Eventually, after I was almost brought to tears, I got her somewhat calmer and distracted by eating a popsicle.  We finally were moved upstairs to a room for her overnight stay.  She is on a slight bit (1/4 L) of oxygen following the cath but we are working on getting rid of that by morning.  If the night goes well, the plan is to discharge Sat., spend the night in the hotel, and fly home Sunday.
Thank you all for your prayers.  Here are a couple of pics from this trip I wasn't able to add yesterday.
Reagan at her pre-cath appt. Thurs.
Painting at the RMH playroom with her heart friend, Callie.
Grabbing a yummy dinner from In-N-Out Burger
This morning before her heart cath
Being put to sleep in the cath lab
Post cath in her room tonight trying to eat some dinner


P.S. On a final note, while I've been gone Nolan hurt his elbow at a skating party Wed. night and it has remained swollen for two days now.  Aunt Kay took him to the pediatrician for me today and got it x-rayed.  They're not sure if it's fractured or if there's a fluid accumulation so he is being referred to an orthopedic & is in a sling until then.  Guess I'll be spending next week at the doctors with Nolan. : ( 

3 comments:

  1. What great news foe Reagan!!! (Not so great for Nolan ). I am so happy you got a good report and we know how hard it must be to surprise Dr Perry!! Hoping you can go home soon. Thanks for sharing. This made my night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! Praising the Lord for your encouraging news. I'm praying for Nolan. :(

    Kerith Leffler

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! So glad things went so smoothly! I miss my girl!

    ReplyDelete