Wednesday, June 2, 2010

4 weeks and counting....

Reagan has had her best day ever so far.  I came in this morning to her sitting up in the bed and coloring in her Dora coloring book.  Yesterday, she attempted coloring but her hands were still real shaky.  I was beginning to think she may have some neurological damage because although her delirium has improved she has had very shaky hands, almost like tremors, and couldn't quite figure out how to use them.  Today, she reassured me she is still there.  I was able to see my baby again that I have not "seen" in 4 weeks.  Today, she held the crayon correctly and actually colored the pictures without shaking.  She played with stickers and bubbles.  While reading books together, she actually pointed to the objects in the book that I ask her to point to.  She stood up for the first time and put weight on her feet. 

She actually loved this & I think it made her feel like herself again.  In fact, she did not want to take her shoes off after standing and fell asleep with them on. 

I am loving seeing that little spunky personality of hers come back.
As far as her kidney function, her numbers came down again today (BUN 88 & Creatinine 4.1).  We are still praying to hit that 3 before long because that is when the renal dr. will feel more certain that she can avoid dialysis. 
Aunt Kay is flying out Thurs. evening and Nolan & Rod will fly out sometime Friday.  Thank you to Freya for the Southwest pass.  My mom & Lonny will stay through the weekend and plan on heading out probably Sunday for their long journey home, pulling their camper.  I am so thankful to them for coming and helping me all this time.  Please pray for everyone to have safe travels. 
Thank you to my neighbor for having our yard mowed again & bringing my boys dinner one night.  We truly appreciate all your help!

6 comments:

  1. Happy tears. Great update!! Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my girl! Keep up the good work Reagan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What good news!! What a little fighter you have!!! Obviously, she comes by her strength honestly as a part of a VERY STRONG family. Still praying the getting rid of toxins pee pee prayer--and the curse any infection prayer, will add safe travel prayer. Thanks so much for keeping us informed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks amazing!! What an awesome update. Prayers continue to be sent your way. Keep smiling Miss Reagan, it is bringing joy to a lot of people. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIPPEEE! I see our little Reagan...I will continue to send my prayers for continued improvement.
    You officially have a first grader!!!! Can you believe it? Mrs. Sims put together a wonderful DVD for the parents so you need to tell your boys to bring it so you can watch it!
    I am in charge of the fish...gee, I hope she will survive under my care...I don't have the best track record with fish!!
    Hurry home...
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa Prather delivered the good news about Reagan's progress early this morning. (Being the last day of school, I had not checked the website for an update.) As Melissa entered A-9, she asked, "Have you read Reagan's blog?" Her face told the story as she relayed the positive report. She was so excited!

    I don't know Reagan well, but I know that her big brother is a winner. Obviously, that quality of determination is in the genes because she is certainly one tough cookie!! Nolan had better get ready. She may give him a run for his money!

    Rejoicing with you,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete