Friday, May 28, 2010

Surprise, Surprise!!

Well, last night after leaving the hospital around 9:30pm and heading over to Ronald McDonald, I took my shower and went to bed as usual. Around 1am, I was awakened by the silhouette of what appeared to be my husband. Was I dreaming? No- it was Rod. He had surprisingly flown out Thurs. evening to surprise me for our anniversary this weekend. Needless to say, I was surprised!! He will be here until Monday and then has to fly back home to finish his Army course he has been in for the last 6 weeks.

Nolan stayed back in Texas with Aunt Kay Thurs. night and then headed to the Schuhmacher's house today after school to spend the holiday weekend. Thank you Darren & Casey for having Nolan all weekend so that Rod could come out and celebrate our 11th anniversary with me.

Today, it's been a day of enjoying Daddy.

Reading a book with Daddy

Mercer Mayer's "Just Me and My Dad" (how appropriate)

Since Dad was here, I used the opportunity (having an extra set of hands) to bathe & wash Reagan's hair.

We also changed the dressing on her burn
I know her incision looks bad but it's actually healing. Thankfully, the burn was not bleeding today but we still covered it to keep Reagan from grabbing at it and itching it. Then we were able to put a fresh clean gown on, compliments of our friend Lisa Shirley.
Thank you, Shirley family, for such a comfy gown!

As far as Reagan's status today.... her BUN numbers stayed about the same but her creatinine levels rose even further. She is still on the bumex drip and has been peeing which is good. The renal drs. are not glad that her numbers rose today but are glad she's at least peeing. It will just take time for her system to clear all those meds that her kidneys do not like. Hopefully soon, they will all clear. Also, Reagan spiked a fever last night-- yuck! She has not had anymore today but cultures were sent from her broviac line overnight because of the fever. God, please don't let her get another infection so we can get the heck out of here ASAP!
Lastly, I wanted to say thank you to Judy Hobbs and the members of Menlo Park Presbyterian Church that's located here in the area. The church has been praying for Reagan. Judy came by yesterday and got to meet Reagan for the first time. They also provided us with $100 in Safeway & Chevron gift cards. Thank you to all my brothers and sisters in Christ whom I've never even met. You are God's hands & feet reaching out to help His children. May you be blessed for your generosity!!

4 comments:

  1. Surprise, Jen!!!! I am so glad that Rod got to come out for your anniversary PLUS getting to hold Reagan must have done him some good, as well.
    TEAM SIMS won the game...I believe the final score was 74 to 52!!! I do believe someone was padding the score. All I know is that it was so incredibly hot outside but TEAM SIMS had a blast. Nolan was out for blood!!! He is one competitive guy!!!
    I am praying for NO INFECTIONS!!! Reagan deserves a break and so do you!
    Enjoy your time with your hubby...
    Love,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful surprise! Happy Anniversary! God carefully placed Reagan in the perfect family. Lots of prayers for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a nice suprise. You guys enjoy your weekend. We are praying that Reagan doesn't have an infection and can come home soon. Also that she will be able to get rid of all of the toxins in her body soon.
    Love,
    Mark,Lee,Taylor, & Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat!! An extra couple days with Rod for both you and Reagan sound like the perfect medicine. You have such an awesome family and I'm so thankful I was able to be a part of it when it started. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete